270Shermam/Commercial FN Mauser

That's part of the reason for my struggle using my Mauser for a build.
Lengthening the mag box is very doable if it's needed there's several ways one extreme way-is cut the front of the mag box out and have a extended piece formed and silver soldered too the mag box and remove some of the feed ramp that's part of the bottom locking lug that's the critical part just remove what's necessary

Swift Bullets bought Blackburn Bottom Metal. You might call them and ask what the inside length of their .30/06 box is. They make longer, but designed for magnum cases. Other than that, might have to have some 'real' gunsmithing done to lengthen that box, then the bolt stop would need altered if there's enough 'meat' in it. I'd have to look over my .375 H&H action to determine if a unique bolt stop/ejector box is used or what. Using shorter bullets than what is in the loading data might be an option
I looked at some different boxes and the cost was greater than I wanted to spend. I have a R&D machinist/ smith that could do the work, but he's soooo busy I'd hate to bug him. I already twisted his arm to barreling one of my rifles lol. I keep kicking around the idea of a 7mm rem mag since the case oal is a bit shorter. Not much but it is shorter. Or possibly doing a 280 rem or 30-06 and live with the short oal. With today's powders and bullets it could still be a viable rifle.

Lengthening the mag box is very doable if it's needed there's several ways one extreme way-is cut the front of the mag box out and have a extended piece formed and silver soldered too the mag box and remove some of the feed ramp that's part of the bottom locking lug that's the critical part just remove what's necessary
Yes I've read that. My concern is the possible work needed on the ramp. my understanding is some material would needed to be removed in order to accommodate the lengthen magbox. Some get concerned that could weaken the action. Another option is to do a 284 win which would the feed rails might need some work. or doing a 7-08 AI or 7x57 AI. Maybe a 308 FTR chamber. or even a 30-284. Decisions decisions lol. I like easy so a standard chamber would probably be my pick.

Yes I've read that. My concern is the possible work needed on the ramp. my understanding is some material would needed to be removed in order to accommodate the lengthen magbox. Some get concerned that could weaken the action. Another option is to do a 284 win which would the feed rails might need some work. or doing a 7-08 AI or 7x57 AI. Maybe a 308 FTR chamber. or even a 30-284. Decisions decisions lol. I like easy so a standard chamber would probably be my pick.
I've done all of the above the 284 feeding is no big deal will work without doing anything but better if you open the rails a bit on the 98 and FnActions I've also have a Springfield with a extended box from a 98 Mauser custom for a 30-338 and a extended box that Weatherby done for a mod 70 prewar win converted too a 300 Weatherby from 06 by Weatherby but I do understand there's not many real gunsmiths around that can do that work unless you do it yourself good luck it's all doable though and really not that hard

I have built 2 military Mauser '98s into 375 H&H. I have case hardened Mausers re-carburized before I use them. When fitting the aftermarket Blackburn bottom metal or Sunny Hill some of the material removed to make it fit is taken from the back, then as little as possible is taken from the front. The inside of the 375 box is long enough to accept 3.6 and still have room enough to feed. For some of these longer "wildcats" there are better actions to use than a '98. Modifying Mauser actions can be time consuming, and costly if you can't do it yourself. 30yrs ago, when I attended GS school, that is what we used to build on, Mauser '98s, '03 Springfields, and P14 and Model 1917s. Some of those 03/A3s took alot of clean-up!

I've done all of the above the 284 feeding is no big deal will work without doing anything but better if you open the rails a bit on the 98 and FnActions I've also have a Springfield with a extended box from a 98 Mauser custom for a 30-338 and a extended box that Weatherby done for a mod 70 prewar win converted too a 300 Weatherby from 06 by Weatherby but I do understand there's not many real gunsmiths around that can do that work unless you do it yourself good luck it's all doable though and really not that hard

I have built 2 military Mauser '98s into 375 H&H. I have case hardened Mausers re-carburized before I use them. When fitting the aftermarket Blackburn bottom metal or Sunny Hill some of the material removed to make it fit is taken from the back, then as little as possible is taken from the front. The inside of the 375 box is long enough to accept 3.6 and still have room enough to feed. For some of these longer "wildcats" there are better actions to use than a '98. Modifying Mauser actions can be time consuming, and costly if you can't do it yourself. 30yrs ago, when I attended GS school, that is what we used to build on, Mauser '98s, '03 Springfields, and P14 and Model 1917s. Some of those 03/A3s took alot of clean-up!
Thanks guys. I've been to quite a few armorer's courses and have worked in a machine shop also. I've actually worked in the firearms industry so maybe I'll take a crack at it slow and steady. Thanks for the insight.