270 wsm

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by brandon327, Nov 19, 2011.

1. brandon327

brandon327 Well-Known Member

Anybody shooting one? I was thinking about getting one for long range antelope, whitetail and mule deer. I did a search and came up with nothing.

2. winmag

winmag Well-Known Member

There's a ton of us who shoot the 270 wsm.
    Ya, the search function may as well not exist, but SS7mm has a way to do it thru Google. (too many hoops, & techy stuff for me)
    What did ya wanna know?

3. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

He'll most probably want to know why you can't hit anything with yours.:)

How's ur dad doing?

4. brandon327

brandon327 Well-Known Member

I was just wondering what kinda of round it is for the long range hunting of all species of deer and antelope. My brother in law has a remington 700 in 270 WSM. He doesn't like it. I am thinking about buying it from him. I am wanting a long range rifle and it sounds like a good start. I am gonna eventually build a 300 RUM. for elk, deer and antelope.

5. winmag

winmag Well-Known Member

I've smoked 2-3 blackbear, & a few deer with mine. I love it.
    I'm shoving 140 Accubonds over 62 gr of RL-19 With a Fed 215 primer. I left my 300 Wby at home this year, & Tried for an Elk with it this year with some of Roys "roll yer own's" but never got a chance to shoot, due to a family Medical emergency. Maybe next yr.

He's goin home tomorrow Roy. That was WAY too close!!! Thank God we have another season (+) togather! He's got a lot of grandkids to hunt with still too.

6. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member