270 wsm

j_22250

well i've about decided this is what i want. i really wish that remington made one in a sendaro. guess i'll have to settle on an ss sps. if i can't get less than moa outta the box i don't even want o mess with it. if it shoots moa than i can get it to shoot less. savages shoot better, but i like the remingtons looks better. people that own or shot please let me know how well. Also how much more muzzle jump over a stock .270.

I have 2 tikka 270wsm's. Both shoot better than I can: .5 moa or less with factory ammo (and reloads).

The actions are very smooth, triggers are crisp.

I'm trying to sell one of mine for $470 to help pay for a custom action that I just bought. This one will shoot .25 - .5 (3-shot) groups at 100 yards with winchester 130 grain ballistic silvertips.

pm me if you are interested - it's not stainless. If you want stainless Able Ammo has them new for $618. I've also seen them for $570 at Sportsman's Warehouse recently.

Tikka Model T3 Lite Bolt Action Rifle JRTB340, 270 WSM, 24 3/8 in, Bolt Action, Black synthetic Stoc

Paul

i wouldn't mind seeing some pics, but would rather buy someting thats made in the usa. otherwise Sako or tikka would be on my list and the only foreign rifle i'd buy. along w/ beretta i guess since they own tikka. i don't like the stock on the tikkas tho. i like the looks of weatherbys and howas, but they are made in japan. the vaguards are anyways.

I don't want to start a political debate, but i believe that is why other countrys economys seem to be doing better than ever while ours is going south.

Last edited:
No problem here with wanting to buy US made.

Here's a picture of the gun:

tikka1.jpg

Paul

If you want a true american made rifle then custom is the answer. You can't get any more american than that. Not to many foreign investors in the small gunsmith shops.

Brent

yes, this is vey true. some gunsmithing will definatly be in order if gun does not shoot better than moa after a bedding, breaking in, and a trigger job. why spend $1000 on a rifle up front when you can buy one for $500 play around with it for a little while, slap a barrel on it and end up with a way better rifle for the same moneys.

i've heard mixed things from the newer remingtons. some say 1/2" others 1-1/2". alot of it it is jst the people i'm sure, but i know i wasn't too pleased with the last one i bought, but then again i havn't messed with it either.

I got a Savage 12 FVSS in December in 270 WSM, 26in heavy barrel, 10 lbs with scope. I see that they dropped the 270 WSM but one might find one in inventory.
The one thing that the Savage short action has is that the magazine is longer, I can load out to a COAL of 2.990 and still cycle through mag. they are on the lands before that but for longer bullets there is room.
I'm pushing a 140 grain Acccubond or SST 3341 fps with 71gr Rutumbo. I still have some tinkering to do but I've shot a couple loads under 1/2 in.
Recoil is minimal, it's the same as the 270, a couple guys I shoot with think it's less than there 270s.
I know a guy that has 2 tikka's in 270 WSM and he has gotten to the point where they are his go to gun and he has many other options.

i hope that i can seat a bullet out onto the lands with the remington action. The price on a ss sps is closer $650. I don't know why there is not more talk about a 270 wsm. the ballistics are really impressive!
I used to think that a .277 cal. was sort of an odd ball and not very practical, but really its almost perfect. the 6.5 is notorious for accuracy and high bc as well as some 7mms. the 270 falls right in between the two for a great compomise. .007 smaller than 284 and .011 larger than 264.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts