270 WSM with 110gr Accubond

I take you haven't had a chance to test that load combo in your rifle yet ? .......... Here in Kalifornia we might not have tornado's . But at my local range I've seen men wearing dresses before ?????? Not kidding !

I take you haven't had a chance to test that load combo in your rifle yet ? .......... Here in Kalifornia we might not have tornado's . But at my local range I've seen men wearing dresses before ?????? Not kidding !
LOL............no not yet will be this wekend if weather holds up suppose to get snow here tomorrow AND sunday looing forward to trying these!!!!!!

LOL............no not yet will be this wekend if weather holds up suppose to get snow here tomorrow AND sunday looking forward to trying these!!!!!!
IW shot them this weekend and they shot like crap how for did you come off the lands. I did .030 with no luck.

Last edited:
IW shot them this weekend and they shot like crap how for did you come off the lands. I did .030 with no luck.

I shoot a newly glass bedded and free floated Win Model 70 Classic I loaded mine to touching the lands. 66.5grs of Re#17 produced an average velocity of 3,450 fps along with crummy accuracy . I blame the factory bbl for that.I plan on getting a match cut rifled bbl ,until then its now gonna be my safe queen. I then shot some 140gr Berger VLDs in front of 74.5grs of Mag Pro producing 3300 fps and about MOA accuracy . This rifle performance is average no matter what load I fire out of it. What rifle are you shooting ?

I shoot a newly glass bedded and free floated Win Model 70 Classic I loaded mine to touching the lands. 66.5grs of Re#17 produced an average velocity of 3,450 fps along with crummy accuracy . I blame the factory bbl for that.I plan on getting a match cut rifled bbl ,until then its now gonna be my safe queen. I then shot some 140gr Berger VLDs in front of 74.5grs of Mag Pro producing 3300 fps and about MOA accuracy . This rifle performance is average no matter what load I fire out of it. What rifle are you shooting ?
It's a custom Nesika with 1:10 24" Lilja. This rifle shoots 66.5grns of I4350 and tha 110TTSX into .340-.400 4 shoot groups RESPECTIVELY, and it shoots 130grn ABONDS with 65.5RL19 into .450-.500 well to. Some say why the 110grn ABOND with the loads I have, it's me just wanting to try them with the RL17!

It's a custom Nesika with 1:10 24" Lilja. This rifle shoots 66.5grns of I4350 and tha 110TTSX into .340-.400 4 shoot groups RESPECTIVELY, and it shoots 130grn ABONDS with 65.5RL19 into .450-.500 well to. Some say why the 110grn ABOND with the loads I have, it's me just wanting to try them with the RL17!

Well you certainly have a 1st class rifle. My fix I think and hope is in the bbl. Lilja has a bore scope video of a Remington BBL. It was terrible . Amazing how there are hammer forged bbls that do shoot well .But mine is good enough for the seasonal big game hunter. But not for precision varmint/predator hunting.

Well you certainly have a 1st class rifle. My fix I think and hope is in the bbl. Lilja has a bore scope video of a Remington BBL. It was terrible . Amazing how there are hammer forged bbls that do shoot well .But mine is good enough for the seasonal big game hunter. But not for precision varmint/predator hunting.

I did see that video on how rough the factory barrel is in comparison to the custom Lilja. GoodStuff!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.