270 wsm load data?

I use 140gr Accubonds with 62.5 gr of IMR4350 for 3150 fps. Several deer shot out to 500 yards all dropped in their tracks. Photo below was shot with this load iwith a M70 Winchester at 445 yards with this load.

Entrance holes:

dsci1726.jpg

Exit hole:

dsci1725m.jpg

My advise would be not to use a Nolser BT on deer out of a 270WSM, unless you are shooting deer at 300 yards or more. The BT bullets will fragment at velocities that a 270 WSM produces. I just saw a 130 grain Silver Ballistic Tip(Same bullet as the Nolser BT) out of a 270 Winchester fragment on the rib of a doe that a friend shot. It did take out one lung but he had to track the deer for 200 yards or more. If it had been a huge buck he would have lost the deer.

I have had good luck with 140 Accubonds and IMR-4350 for accuracy, and for both accuracy and velocity I am shooting RL-22 and 140 Accubonds or 140 gains Barnes TTSX.

Don't quote me on this because my load book is at home, but out of a kimber montana IMR4350 60grs and berger 130gr hunting vlds, It has hammered elk, whitetail, hogs and coyotes.

I nick named her Aunt B because she never fails to put meat on the table.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.