270 winchester & Lostriverballistic bullets?

270yotekiller

Has anyone ever tried the lostriver J36 bullets through a standard 270, would it cost me too much to find an accurate load for my plain jane savage 111 270? i read its an excellent hunting bullet and i really like to see what it can do at longer ranges...

the basic word on the LR bullets is not real good. Hard to get to group well and lot of other bullets that will group better and have very good BC for ranges and animals you would want to shoot a 270 at anyway. Plus they are dang expensive but shoot nice "patterns" in lieu of groups.

BH

Have shot a couple of boxes of them like 80 bucks worth.

Consistent 0.5MOA @ 3200 fps from 27" Lilja barrel. Using RL-22 and CCI-200 primers.

Too expensive - you bet. Gave a box to a fella back in PA for a Win Coyote that was shooting bug holes with every some loads. The LRs were about 2 MOA. Go figure.

I think they like tight bores??????

For long range give Hornady 140 boat tails a try. Have had great performance both accuracy and terminal. Ya gotta hit it before you can kill it.

Figure its good to a bit over 700 yds.

They will either shoot great or very terrible.I have shot sub sub minute groups out of a 300 RUM with proper seating depth before that the groups were 4" or worse, real finnicky bullet try the wildcat bullets have heard great things about them!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.