.270 win?

I Have Two

The 270 is my favorite. I used to own 3, but gave one to a friend of mine. I've been shooting the 270 for a couple of decades. I've killed a lot of deer with the 270. I used to be a 150 grain only guy, but wised up and realized that the 130 is easier to load, for me anyway, and kills the same.

I have some 130 etips to try in the 270 and 270 allen mag.

still only see .300 and 7mm maybe a 6.5. am i missing something? get .75 at 100 with both my howa and my weatherby. use mainly horn. sst 130gr.

A .270 is a good caliber. I own 2 and I like it. Not much kick but still gets the job done. All around great caliber. Cheap caliber to reload for too.

I am a huge .277 fan!! I love my 270 but I REALLY love my 270wsm. I hunt both deer and elk with it. Of course im not out shooting elk at long range very often. My farthest elk kill was just under 800 yards on a dead calm day with a perfect setup in an area I practice all the time in. 270 is a great caliber but finding good high BC bullets is much much more dificult than it is for other cal's like the 308.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.