.270 win and superformance

RockyMtnMT

Official LRH Sponsor
Looking to see if anyone has tried superformance with 140ab in .270win. Going to do some workups tomorrow and thought that this may be worth a shot.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Because I started loading a 270 years ago and settled in on R-22 7828 and aa magpro I never felt the need to jump onto developing every new powder that came along.

But I can see where Superformance if Hodgdons burn rate chart can be believed falls right into the correct area for our 270's

In these days and our limited powder choices because the shelves are bare where I live. I to will be trying it. So I will be interested in what you find out. I load 140 and 150 spbt

Sorry for the tease.......

We started with IMR4831 and it worked well so we did not try anything else.

Steve

I sure wish there were some loads (even reduced performance loads) using 50bmg powder. That is one of the few that are easy to get. Bullets in the 90 - 110 grain range are the most interesting for me (lead free area)

What powder do you guys want I have found about anything you want at a few places let me know what your looking for but natchezz has 8 lb jugs of Superformance all day and I use it with 130 sst doing 3250fps with same as factory charge

I sure wish there were some loads (even reduced performance loads) using 50bmg powder. That is one of the few that are easy to get. Bullets in the 90 - 110 grain range are the most interesting for me (lead free area)
I'm not having problems getting powder now.
Where are ya?
Whacha looking for?

Looking to see if anyone has tried superformance with 140ab in .270win. Going to do some workups tomorrow and thought that this may be worth a shot.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Steve, I can't say if the SF powder will work or not in the .270. I asked the same question about SF in a .260 and got less than favorable results. Well I am not one to be deterred so I went on with it and found it to be extremely accurate and the velocity would blow your mind. If you can find some sort of reference to your .270,go for it. I hope you will be as pleased as I was. I get over 3100 with a 123 gr. bullet and no pressure signs at all.

Forge on man and good luck. SARGESNIPER .......... SEMPER FI

Thanks for the offers, you are right, powder supplies are definitely starting to ease up.

Just for simplicity, I am trying to focus on Norma 202 / 203B / 204 powders - fewer names to remember.

I would love to have guidance on SuperFormance for developing loads.

270 Win would be a fine place to try it.

Steve, I can't say if the SF powder will work or not in the .270. I asked the same question about SF in a .260 and got less than favorable results. Well I am not one to be deterred so I went on with it and found it to be extremely accurate and the velocity would blow your mind. If you can find some sort of reference to your .270,go for it. I hope you will be as pleased as I was. I get over 3100 with a 123 gr. bullet and no pressure signs at all.

Forge on man and good luck. SARGESNIPER .......... SEMPER FI

That sounds great. Done with that .270 now but am going to do some more work up on a 6.5-06 and was thinking about trying it. Now I think I will put it to the top of the list.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.