.270 Wildcat idea for 165/175 Matrix

Hey cowboy I like a nice surprise I will have marshal send me some in my next order. What are you shooting them out of

Another case that has merit IMO is the 300 Norma mag case if you want to run lower chamber pressure OR you want to push it!

I also thought about the 300 Norma, but I think it's too much for the 270 to get decent barrel life. If I was to build a 7mm, with the same type of chriteria as stated before, I think the 284/300 Norma Improved would be perfect for a 190-195 gr bullet.

Hey cowboy I like a nice surprise I will have marshal send me some in my next order. What are you shooting them out of

Those are out of my 270 Win w/ a 24" tube. Not really sure where that velocity is coming from.

If they don't work for you, look me up, I'll buy what you've got left.

I also thought about the 300 Norma, but I think it's too much for the 270 to get decent barrel life. If I was to build a 7mm, with the same type of chriteria as stated before, I think the 284/300 Norma Improved would be perfect for a 190-195 gr bullet.

I don't know, it's less capacity of the 270 Allen Mag and there are 800+ round rifles out there that have lived life at full throttle +. Take the Norma mag with the shorter powder column and idle it back the barrel life may do well.

I don't know, it's less capacity of the 270 Allen Mag and there are 800+ round rifles out there that have lived life at full throttle +. Take the Norma mag with the shorter powder column and idle it back the barrel life may do well.

Not much less if it's improved. I think my .30-338 Norma Imp was about 6 grains less capacity than a .300RUM. If you pushed the shoulder back to make the neck longer then you'd be down probably 10-12grains.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.