270 wby brass

hazer

i am fairly new to reloading. i was told you can resize a 7mm wby mag brass to 270 wby mag by full length resizing it in a 270 wby dies. is this true? any comments, or suggestions will be helpful. thanks.

norma makes top quality brass for your 270 wby IMHO. I just picked up some nosler 270wby brass that I will be trying here soon. just throwing out some more options hope this helps.

Works very well...a hornady head space measuring kit can be your friend setting the die and properly sizing.

like i said, i am new to reloading. so kraky, what do you mean by head space ? should i use the 270 full length dies, or is there something i should use first? thanks to all who replied. i just don't want to get a shell stuck in the bore.

i guess i should say the reason i asked about the 7mm wby brass is i bought some 270 wby brass and there was some 7mm wby brass with it for free. so i am trying to save a penny or two by using it. lol. nothing wrong with the brass. the price of any wby brass is so high now !!!!!

there's .006" difference in the length, and that's not anything to worry about. Looking at the case drawings in the AA manual, it looks like all you have to do is neck the 7mm brass down while keeping the same headspace (they are within a thousandth or so). Then simply fir form the 270 mag brass. It'll probably shrink about .010" or maybe even less on the overall length. They even have nearly the same radi in the shoulder (within .001"), as well as the same shoulder diameter.
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.