.270 Swift Aframe bullets

gonewest

I'm getting an order together and I can't decide if I want to try some Swift A Frame bullets. I shoot a .270 Win. and have never tried the Aframe bullets. Can I get someone to reply who has tried them in a 130 or 140 gr bullet in a .270 . Thanks for any input and have a great holiday season.

Never tried them. bc too low for long range.

I've heard nothing but good terminal performance reports on them and wouldn't hesitate to use them for 'normal' hunting ranges for that cartridge.

What is the intended game that makes you consider the Aframe? That is one tough bullet and they are accurate too. It's basically a nosler partition that is bonded. Unless you plan on using that bullet on big game like elk or moose inside of 200 yards, I would advise you consider other bullets that are less expensive. That said, I'm a TSX, TTSX fan so I spent a lot of $ on those for all of my rifles and I use them on deer/pronghorn.

The Aframe is not a long range hunting projectile but would likely impress you with 300 yard shots and less, maybe even out to 350.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.