270 stw

lazwarbird

Need help guys I have a 270 STW throated for matrix 165-175. Its a 1 in 9 twist. Im looking for your ideas on were to start load development.

Well, it seems if you look at the next smaller cal. ( the 270 roy) you will have start data in this case. There are some 270 stw shooters here that'll be able to get more specific but I've had to do similar with the 7rem/7stw/7rum on a few occasions.
Example: With the 7 rem and a 140, 68-70 of rl22 is tops; and it's a start charge in the 7stw. Be very careful as it is a rather rough approximation.

Hoping some comes in saying to use 7828 retumbo or h1000 I have plenty of that. I hate working up loads on a gun like this it always make me nervous. But I'm also thinking of finding a good load now and redo it in the summer when pressures are different. Our doe season here doesn't end till march 30th so hoping to tag a few with it this season

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.