.270 sendero into .338 edge

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by dahunta, Oct 31, 2009.

1. dahunta

dahunta Well-Known Member

I have a Sendero in .270 win that i have been thinking about converting for a while but got side tracked with a 6.5 284 project.I havent been on here in a while and was looking for some info and advice on converting the gun into a 338 edge.I work in a machine shop and have the availabilty of everything I need to do so but a reamer,no big deal.Im not sure if it is possible to buy a barrel chambered in the edge was just kind of wondering if anybody could lead me to a book or prints that i could get the information for threading and chambering a rifled barrel. im probably going to throw a sako extractor on the bolt since i will have to convert the bolt face anyways,unless there is something new that i am unaware of.i am open to any ideas and information that would help me converting this gun..thanks for your time.

2. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Its pretty straight forward.

Open the bolt face, add an Sako Extractor. Screw on a Sender taper fluted barrel, chamber it and add a brake. I sent mine to Montana a kind fella up there did it.:rolleyes:

Do some googling. There's info out there.

3. jmason

jmason Well-Known Member

OMG!! You're going to ruin a perfectly good 270!:D