270 bullets

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by 270winshort, Sep 5, 2008.

1. 270winshort

270winshort Well-Known Member

for all you 270 owners out there who would like a good long range bullet that you could get in a reasonable amount of time, please call berger bullets and ask them to make a true VLD bullet with a high BC that is 160 to 170 grains maybe we could get them to make some, just a thought thanks for reading

2. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

I've "been" whining to them for a while about a 170 class bullet. However, I don't think we'll be seeing one for a long while due to the fast twist required to stabilize it. Also decent muzzle velocity would be 3300+ FPS. These criteria would require a complete redesign of their VLDs. I doubt it would be worth it to them for the small number of people that could put that bullet to good use.

3. MontanaRifleman

MontanaRifleman Well-Known Member

3300 fps for a 170 gr .277 bullet??? Are you talking a 270 AM?

4. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Yup! The board said Yup! was too short so: Well, of course:rolleyes:

5. Akkill

Akkill Well-Known Member

solution = wildcat bullets , super bc and many option

6. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

If/when one can get them.:(

7. magicofmt

magicofmt Well-Known Member

Glad I ordered 400 of Richards 169.5's when you could still get them, down to 150 now, but that will last me for a couple years or better.

8. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

A couple of years:confused: That otta be at least 80% of 150 or 120 DRT animules;)

9. Akkill

Akkill Well-Known Member

triggerfifty can point you in the right direction in how to order wild cat bullets from canada, or open a new thread asking for info about wildcat bullets they are real good

10. Akkill

Akkill Well-Known Member

11. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Akkill,

Your a bit behind the times.

Triggerfifty is long gone, me thinks. Heard he was pursuing a medical career.

Wildcat bullets is persona non-gratius (and I don't even know that that means. It just kind of came to me.:rolleyes:)

12. Akkill

Akkill Well-Known Member

LOL yes u r rigth i confused the nicknames of 2 diferent guys , i meant to say fiftydriver if i'm correct this is the nickname of kirby , and triggerfifty is not gone hes just having some air , hospital air i think hes very bussy there as you said , is a very demanding carrer.

13. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Yep, that's Kirby alright.

I have one of his 270 AMs. I bet he can't get WC bullets either. The main reason, I believe, is that Richard can't get jackets. I don't know the reason but me thinks it has something to do with the border.:confused:

Now that I have a passport and am a "real" US citizen, another long and boring story, I think I'll go have a FTF w/Richard and see what can be done.