270 AM vs 730 yd pd and a steer

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by bailey1474, Apr 30, 2006.

1. bailey1474

bailey1474 <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

Well, Lerch has been after me for a while to post these so here you go. This video was shot right after we broke in our 270s. We took them to pd town and here are the results!! The first is Lerch getting a 730+ yard pd and the second is me putting down a sick steer.

Here is the pic of the steer for those who missed it.
    [​IMG]

Well it didn't work as planned. I'll redo it when I get home from the range.

2. JD338

JD338 Well-Known Member

Bill,

Thats some pretty interesting hunting garb, at least you're wearing some hunter orange. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Congrats.

JD338

3. Nomosendero

Nomosendero Well-Known Member

Good shooting, especially the PD. I am glad you put the Steer out of his misery.

Oh BTW, can you send me a couple of those Oklahoma Steer Tags?

4. davewilson

davewilson Well-Known Member

i'm with JD. i like the flip-flops!

5. bailey1474

Here\'s the Video

[​IMG]

Don't crucify too hard for shooting defensless animals and then laughing about it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!

6. Andy W

Andy W Well-Known Member

Re: Here\'s the Video

Mad Cow?

7. 4ked Horn

4ked Horn Writers Guild

Not mad anymore.

Hey guys. How far was the steer. I noticed there was a good gap between the sound and the hit and knowing how slow Kirbys rounds are I would imagine it was at least 75 to 100 yards. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

8. Hired Gun

Hired Gun Well-Known Member

Re: Here\'s the Video *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED*

Post deleted by Hired Gun

9. Brent-AR-30-338

Brent-AR-30-338 Well-Known Member

great video... need some more on this site. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    Looked like a spine shot IMO, just follow the vapor trail, to the impact of flying fur behind the shoulder. right?

10. bailey1474

4ked and Brent-AR-30-338,

The steer was right @ 400 yds. I gave it too much wind, so I hit too far back. I was also about 4" higher than I wanted. We were still getting used to these windbucking, flat shooting cannons when this was taken.

11. Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

Bill,

interesting video, hope there is more to come of the AM in action, any chance of getting a through the scope view?

The steer was obviously unwell so you did the right thing,,,,,despite the soundtrack /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

12. lerch

lerch <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

What you guys dont like my commentary?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I was tryin to do the whole Bill Jordan hunting guide speech but I think i just came out sounding like a idiot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I wish the video on the 730yd pdog showed the trace better, it is wicked looking on the original video.

steve

13. lovdasnow

lovdasnow Well-Known Member

good stuff, I like the video..
    just out of curiousity, what kind of video camera are you using? how big of zoom?
    we're going to be taking our canon xl-2 video camera out for the first time varmint hunting and can't wait to see how it does.

14. lerch

lerch <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

it is a sony handy cam with a 20x zoom, it also has a 2x doubler on it for really long stuff, I cant remember if the doubler was on for the 730yd dog or not

we started videoing stuff a while back so I will have to get BJ to put some more on here.

Only problem is our language at times has been known to make sailors blush!!!!!!!!!

take it easy
    steve