264 WM and RL25 vs RL26

Yes but I'm at the range now, I'll get back to you later.
Also accuracy wasn't very impressive in either of the two 264wm barrels, RL25 won hands down.

H870 was one of the best 264 win mag powders .I.bought 4 kegs before they quit making it .The 264 liked a full case if it .I also use wc,867 powder which is not coated but works awesome except above 85 degrees. I shoot lapua 155-,grain.mega tip bullets super accurate ! They are good to 500-yards easy mine shoots them an inch at 250 yards .

My 264 seems to like rl26, 64.5 grains turns in 1/2" groups with a 140 Berger. Haven't chronyd it yet, but as long as it's around 3100 or so that is plenty. I'll report back when I get numbers.

My 264 seems to like rl26, 64.5 grains turns in 1/2" groups with a 140 Berger. Haven't chronyd it yet, but as long as it's around 3100 or so that is plenty. I'll report back when I get numbers.
The only caliber I've tried RL26 in that didn't show a significant improvment in velocity with was the .260. There just wasn't enough case capacity with the .260 to see a significant gain.

RL17 and 19 however are both looking good in that size case.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts