.264 WM, 260 rem, or what else?

I love my .25-06 Ackley Improved, and my .257 Wby. But I really wish someone (berger) would release a 130gr hybrid hunting bullet for them. It would really help out to bring the .25's back into the long range game.

Why does it seem like no one use 270 or 25-06 for commercially available long range loads, i would think theyd be great rounds, one is right between 7 and 6.5, and the other is between 6.5 and 6. wouldnt those be two sweet spots for accuracy and long range efficiency?

I actually use a stock Remington 700 ADL chambered in .270 and have a range card from 100-700yds for it. I use it for in close 100yds and under hunting to watching the fields where I can get out to 700yds. I can shoot under 1/2inch at 100yds and when I was practicing with it at 700 this summer I could hit 4-5inch rocks with it laying prone with sandbags or a bipod like I do while hunting. My bullet choice is a 140gr Hornady SST, though the BC is low at .495, it bucks wind well, performs great, and the velocity is just perfect at 3000fps with my short 22" barrel. Have thought of using the 150gr SST with a .525 BC but the 140 has been working excellent so no use in changing.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts