264 win mag

jbeckstrand

Does anyone have any pet loads for this that they would be willing to share? I just picked this one up a couple weeks ago, so I haven't had much chance to play with it other than with some factory ammo and with the hand loads for my dads 264. The throat is tighter on this one than on dads, so the handloads for his chamber hard, and don't group that well. I believe his are loaded with 140 grain sierra's and 63.5 grains of IMR 7828.

Justin

I like 73 grs of H-870 with the 140 gr bullets.I like the Lapula 155 gr mega tips with 70 grs of H-870.I wish the had not stop making h-870.There is some surplus powder thats just like it.I have shot groups down to 3/8" at 100 yards.I shot one 1/2" at 200 yards.It looks like a round nose the lapula bullets but is awesome.I bet there other 6.5mm bullets are awesome.I poped two pronghorn at 350 yards.It hit them like a mac truck.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.