264 win mag vs 270 wsm

fisherman983

i am a huge fan of the 264 and believe it to be the superior cartridge....but am i wrong? will the 270 really outdo a 264 in a hunting rifle? my friend seems to think it will and its an argument i'd really love to win any insight would be greatly appreciated

its all in bullet selection really. there is a huge offering of 140's in .264 so it depends on what bullet design you want. Matrix makes a .277 in 165 grain which is an awesome flier I hear... the new accubond long range 150 grain in .277 looks to me like its going to be a game changer. awesome bullet and high BC. the 270 wsm is a far more efficient cartridge and very versatile as far as being able to use it in short or long actions... I tend to prefer the 270wsm. but a guy could make an argument for either I would say.

Ya, not an argument your going to win. With same weight bullets the WSM will push them a 100+fps faster and make up for BC but you can then load up a 165+gr bullet and bring a little more sauce at longer ranges. That is from a completely biased point even though I do dig a 264/6.5 140 Berger in the 3150fps range!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts