.264 Win Mag Brass

scoutm

I'm looking for a good source for brass and have been unable to find one for .264 WM. All I can find is Nosler and Winchester. Feedback on these two aren't very good. Lot's of complaints about Nosler being soft and Winchester being inconsistant.

Any insight on other manufactures? Any sources you find offer better prices?

Thanks for they help.

I use the Nosler brass in 264 and 6.5/284 and I really like it. You could get Norma 7 Mag brass and run through your 264 fl re-sizer.

Thanks for the comments.

I've thought about resizing from 7mm but I hunt Whitetail in old mexico and the ammo head stamp has to match the barrel marking or you can't take it across the boarder.

I would buy a couple of boxes of Nosler 130 AB and try it. My Rem 700 CDL loves it and then you can check brass out.

I would buy a couple of boxes of Nosler 130 AB and try it. My Rem 700 CDL loves it and then you can check brass out.

I use the 130gr.AB also using Winchester brass and it is 3/4 moa in my Winchester model 70 without the led sled, so I'm sure it could even shoot better than that. That is good enough for me making 400 yd. Shots, but may not be good enough for what you want to do.
FE:D

I use Winchester brass, while they do have about an 8 grain spread on the weight, I sort and have bags for all at 1 grain. I prefer Winchester brass, thinner and siffer, more volume for heavier loads. MEV

I use Winchester brass, while they do have about an 8 grain spread on the weight, I sort and have bags for all at 1 grain. I prefer Winchester brass, thinner and siffer, more volume for heavier loads. MEV

Have you found most of the cases to have a narrower spread? - are they a nice bell shaped curve or are they pretty evenly spread across that range?

Most fall between 132 to 136 grains, with heavies at 138 and lows at 130. I keep all and use the heavies or lights to work loads or sight in. When processed and weighed they perform very well.

I full length size new cases, check all for proper length, deburr the flashhole, true primer pockets and turn necks (shooting for 80% clean up), then weigh and bag them.

At least once a year I buy a new bag of 50.

After starting this process on brass, the groups got 50% better than before.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.