260 using 243 lapua brass

RED MIST

When you form brass for the 260 Remington using 243 lapua brass, do you need to turn the necks? I have heard that you can get a doughnut if you do not.

Also having a hard time finding load data for 260 using reloader 17.

When you form brass for the 260 Remington using 243 lapua brass, do you need to turn the necks? I have heard that you can get a doughnut if you do not.

You don't have to turn the necks on 243 because it is smaller than the 260 (6.5).

It is always a good idea to just clean up the necks just to true them ,but the lapua brass is
almost perfect so it doesn't need it.

I use 308 Lapua brass for my 7/08 and and turn just enough to clean it up and make it
uniform before sizing it to 7/08.(When sizing down neck wall thickness may thicken.But sizing up you will have no problem.

J E CUSTOM

Red Mist,

Don't do this. If you form the 260 cases from our 243 brass, they'll have the wrong headstamp. This isn't something you'll find on Wikileaks, but it's top-secret information from Finland, so I'd have to kill you if I told you. But if you'll wait 'til after the SHOT Show (next month in Vegas) that headstamp issue won't be a problem for you . . . if you get my drift.

Kevin

Is there any other new calibers coming from Lapua that you know nothing about???? :D

You know, if could get Lapua to make 300RUM brass there are a whole bunch of Edge shooters that would probably name their first born after you... LOL

GREAT NEWS!!! Got some 243 coming, but will wait to order any more until 260 is available.

Red Mist,

Happy to pass it on, finally. Been keeping under my hat for some time now and really been wanting to let the cat outta the bag. First samples will be here at the SHOT show next month, but it will probably be Feb-Mar before the first shipment hits our shores. Great cartridge, and it's nice to see that they're listening to the American audience where the new intros are concerned. There's some new things on the horizon, but the 260 is the only new case right now. Some of the other changes I can't quite mention just yet, but I will tell you, they're being tested and evaluated here in the US as we speak.

Hang tight, they're coming.:)

B23,

Nothing on the horizon that I've been privy to, but I'll pass that along to the (Finnish) powers that be!

Thanks Kevin !!

I wished they made more cases in at least the standard calibers.

And you might mention to them if they can keep the price reasonable they will sell every piece
of brass they have.

Some of the less dedicated re loaders would switch if it was not so expensive.

J E CUSTOM

Last edited:
Workin' on 'em, and they're listening. You have to appreciate the fact that they have the 6.5x55 over there, and that pretty much ends the topic in Finland. Same holds true in most other European (especially the Scandanavian) countries, too. This one was done almost soley due to US requests for the cartridge, as was the 22-250 of last year, and to a lesser extent, the 308 Palma cases. Tough sell to a European company, but there's a market here and they want to fill the demand. They're just not familiar with a lot of the more common US cartridges, but that's changing. Hey, you guys are the ones who make the requests, so this is your doing. Keep it up!

Better pricing is always nice but please, please, don't ever let them change the quality as well as quality control of their brass!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.