260 Remington, Savage build done

Ultra25-06

index.php

Well here is my long awaited project. I have slowly been putting this one together over the last few months. Now to get out and do some shooting. Build is a Savage long action flat top, 26" Shilen heavy varmit 260 Remington barrel, Savage over sized bolt handle, Choate long action aluminum bed blind mag stock, factory trigger adjusted to 3lbs., Bushnell Elite 3200 10x, Redfield rings and bases. Eventually the recoil lug will be replaced and the trigger as well.

Last edited:
Good looking gun man, gotta love those savages. Keep us posted on how it shoots. That's a good looking stock to what model choate is that. You wouldn't have a link to where you bought that stock would ya.

Nathan

Here is where I purchased it from. They sell a few variations including adjustable check rest. the standard does include L.O.P. spacers. Choate at MidwayUSA To go along with the rifle I also have a wind meter, a Nikon 20x60x82 spotting scope and 100 rounds of factory rem 140 grain green box (purchased for 1/2 price so will use for brass). I still am wanting to buy a chronograph and have not decided on dies. I wish you could purchase bullets in 20 round lots for load development instead of 50+. Would like to try the SMK's, NoslerComp, Hornady AMax. If they are not satisfactory I will give the Lapua and Bergers a try.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.