• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 260 REM in Savage for sale

Brianc74

I have a Semicustom for sale, here is all that I have done so far.
1. 110 Blued older Savage action ( action did not need truing)
2. Shillen VAR. contour SS 26" 1-8 twist
3. Bell & Carlson Duramax in Black, pillard, and Devcon steel bedded
4. SS Barrel nut
5. Holland .3 recoil lug
6. Trigger has sear machined and respringed to 2.25 lbs very crisp
7. Black Defensive Edge adjustible cheak piece installed
8. Alluminum single shot follower
9. Nosler Custom Brass 1 firing 50 pieces
10. EGW 20 MOA 1 piece pic. type bace
11. SS trigger guard
Breakin only took 20 rounds, I only tryed 2 loads BOTH DID GREAT (IN THE .2.3 FOR BOTH) 140 Berger VLD and 85 Sierra var.
Asking $950.00 + Shipping and Packing

Last edited:
I do not know what the difference is, or did you mean the amount of action screws, it has 2. The jar of defcon is black and my smith oderes it from Brownells by the pound

Sorry, was actually being funny at the expense of a small typo in your post... The bedding compound product is Devcon. Defcon is:

The defense readiness condition (DEFCON) is a measure of the activation and readiness level of the United States armed forces. It describes progressive postures for use between the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the commanders of unified commands. DEFCONs are matched to the situations of military severity. Standard peacetime protocol is DEFCON 5, descending in increasingly severe situations. DEFCON 1 represents expectation of actual imminent attack, and is not known to have ever been declared.

Good luck with what seems like a good rifle! Do you have pics?

My Bad. I hurt my back fot the 1st time on fathers day, and since I have been on Norco, and steroids. I have been not catching things I should. These last few days has been funny for my family:)

I just sent another email, did you recieve it. If you did not give me a call (208)467-0334 Brian

Got it. Nice pic's, good lookin' rifle! How much does it weigh? How much are you asking for it?

JohnP