260 pronghorn/coyote bullet

42769vette

i have a stiller 260 with a 26 in 1-8 twist shelin select match barrel

i just got the rifle back from the smith planning to use 130 vlds for a pronghorn hunt in 3 weeks. the rifle hates 130 vlds. i think the problem is i cant get close enough to the lands and still feed correctly through my badger dm. what would be your guys next choice.

I get great accuracy from the 120gn Ballistic Tip in my 6.5-284. Velocity runs just over 3200fps. Should work pretty good with that Shilen Select 1-8 twist. JohnnyK.

Have you tried backing the VLD's way off the lands. Take a look at the suggested loading method of finding the sweep spot for the VLD's . They will shoot by jumping them a long way.

I have always had good accuracy, easy, with 120 Nosler Ballistic Tips and they will get the job done on the game you are after.

loading to mag length i am long ways off the lands. i cant remember exactly what but it was close to .2 my 142 smks shoot fine so i ordered some 140 amax bullets so we will see what happens

I have shot lots of antelope and mule deer with the 140gr A-Max from my .260AI. They are going 2928 fps. Always worked as they are supposed to. It's a very accurate bullet and forgiving on seating depth. I've also had good long range accuracy with Nosler's 140gr Custom Competition bullet. I've not shot any game with them. I might try it on antelope next month.

Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.