.260 improved

308 nate

Just thought I would share some pix of a .260 I just finished up.
Here are the specs.

Remington 700
Helical fluted bolt and skelatalized bolt handle
Krieger chrome molly barrel 24"#3 contour light flutes. chambered .260 rogue.
Holland recoil lug
Holland hunter stock by McMillan (tan, OD, grey)
Limb saver pad
S&K rings and mounts
All metal coated in titanium grey Molly

260s3.jpg

260s4.jpg

260s2.jpg

260s.jpg

your work never seems to stop amazing me. another great rifle and im sure it will be a shooter. congradulations to the new owner

Very nice looking rig Nate , are those flutes from Kreiger or are they yours??

James,
yes, the flutes in the barrel are also by me. The customer wanted a #3 contour with flutes so stainless was out of the question. I had a good discussion with one of the reps at Krieger and we both decided we would need to go with chrome molly. I did make a lead cast of the muzzle after I fluted it and pulled it through the barrel. It felt very consistant through and through so I did not add any lapping compound. I feel the rifle will indeed be a heck of a shooter and of course it has my 1/2moa guarantee. Krieger would not flute there #3 chrome molly due to their set up.

Thanks for all the kind words.
I will have to say the fella I built this rifle for is one heck of a shooter/reloader and definately picked some good components and options in this build.
This is the second rifle I built him, the first was similar only supporting a #5 contour in 6.5-06AI and he has shot several group in the 1's and 2's with a 400 yd., three shot group he could cover with a quarter.

Cheers,
Nate

James,
The gun weighs just over 7 lbs with mounts and rings. The barreled action is just over 4lbs 6oz. with the stock weiging 2lbs. 14oz.
The stock is definetly on the heavy side for an ultra light.

Nate

Nate, nice work!

What's the difference between the 260 Rogue and the 260 Improved?

Also what kind of load do you use with the Rogue and what ballistics are you getting?

tks!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.