260 for cow hunt?

Shot my cow elk a couple years ago low through the heaviest shoulder bone with a 140 Berger close range and much higher speeds, I lost just only a few pounds of meat and found the bullet up in her neck on the of side, she took two steps and dropped. We've shot a few animals with the 124 Hammers, they worked, the wound channels we're pretty much the same as we see with the Berger's only with copper so the shank travels farther.

yea im not shure but i know on smaller animals like our wt it can ruin allot of meat i just always satayed away from em becals of the problem with bears with expanding early becals of thick layer of fat i hunt bears the most deer is almost always with a bow and so is elk, thats why i got those hammers sounds like the perfect round for bear and will work well on deer and elk provided the opportunity

Why is everyone worried about a little meat loss in an 800 lb animal? I want dead, dead in the most deva sting way for it to drop as quick as possible. The meat part is a bonus to me anyway or otherwise I would just go to the market for a lot cheaper.

speak for yourself the only red meat we get in my house is what i kill so i take meat loss and meat care verry seriously, as my grampa used to always say "poor pepole got poor ways" i had a few months after a lay off that we had to live on rabits and catfish

I understand that very well, but we don't really hunt in todays world with 5k rifles for food vs. starvation.

well my set up isnt any where near 5k i buy the best i can afford and squeeze all the accuracy i can get out of it, tikka t3 forest swaped stock for a light and added kydex cheek peice talley bases vortex viper 6.5-20x50 and a harris s sieries bipod and that was a peice at a time as i could afford it but i can get a little under 1/2 moa with the right load (most acurate factory rifle iv ever owned and my baby lol)

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.