26 Nosler????? !!!!!

Can't wait to see the parent case and load data long with reamer specs
Buttermilk found this link.

Introducing 26 Nosler | Flat to 415

When you close the video link you can scroll down.
cartridge.png

It looks like it's loosely based on the 375 Ruger.

You know its all well and good we have this high BC bullets at a high velocity. I shoot a 6x284 and even though we have these fast movers ,you still need to be spot on for range and windage estimation. Comparing this to a 264 mag or other existing flat shooters its just a few less elevation clicks. I shoot a fast bbl 7wsm that pushes 162 gr A-maxes at 3165 Average. When I'm out in the NV desert and the desert switch back winds kick up ,rather that waste bullets its best to pack up go home watch Gilligans island on TV.

Has anyone got a handle on the parent case yet ?

Is it the 375 Ruger, or maybe 300 Blaser Magnum ?

The Blaser brass is made by Norma so it fits nicely.

Here ya go... the 404 Jeff... WR's link in post #13

The new Nosler cartridge utilizes a non-belted case based on the classic .404 Jeffrey (after numerous reforming modifications), and will fit standard .30-06-length actions. The company has announced that it will also make rifles chambered for the new .26 Nosler.

American Hunter - .26 Nosler
If it has a .532 rim, it must be rebated... almost a necked down 300 Dakota

It sounded like a deal with gunwerks where they are holding the rights. I could not get a lot of info from them.

I just called over and asked a gal I deal with a lot and she is selling reamers and I will have the prints shortly whatever that is.

If Nosler indeed submitted the 26 Nosler to SAAMI, then cartridge/chamber drawings should be available soon. As I understand it, the submission was back middle of last year.

However, SAAMI has yet to post drawings on their site...

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts