26 Nosler ????

Well it looks like we have two threads on this now but I will stay with the one I started, :cool: A member of another forum just talked with a guy named Zach Waterman of Nosler and he Quoted that they will use a 1 in 8 twist in order to utilize heavy bullets..:D

Any possibility that they'll introduce some heavier accubonds or ballistic tips if this round takes off?

Exactly! As is just about any other statement made on these forums.

Maybe I should have taken a more definitive approach with my statement. Something along the lines of:

"Care to back that statement up with some sort of factual basis?"

t

Maybe I should have also been more definitive with my answer.

My answer is my opinion.

Opinion- a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I'm glad I could help you understand what an opinion is.

Not sure how I could have made my original statement anymore obvious that it was an opinion.

I'll be jumping in and building one of these for one of my repeat customers who just called me.

I'll see the cartridge up close and personal at SHOT in 12 days.

I've been shooting a 6.5x284 for 4 seasons and really like the .264 bullet diameter.

I'll be jumping in and building one of these for one of my repeat customers who just called me.

I'll see the cartridge up close and personal at SHOT in 12 days.

I've been shooting a 6.5x284 for 4 seasons and really like the .264 bullet diameter.

Thanks for the heads up, let us know what you find out & what you think of it. I'm pretty intrigued with it, hopefully it achieves what they claim.

t

I hope they have taken the RUM cases and shortened them slightly leaving a 0.300" long neck with a 30-35 degree shoulder. Reasoning is, less powder (than RUM's), wider powder column (than Win Mags and Ruger Mag's), Long neck with steep shoulder for good bullet seating characteristics and to fuel the "flame point" debate.

You have just described a 300 Dakota

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.