26 Nosler will be my rifle customer's 3rd project with me.

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Quite a bit of my rifle business is repeat customers. It was something like 40% of my orders in 2013.

I just had a phone call an hour ago from one of my repeat customers and agreed enthusiastically to be a pioneer with the about-to-be-available 26 Nosler cartridge.

So I'll be visiting Nosler at SHOT this month to get a first-hand look at this new screamer of a cartridge.

3,400 FPS with a 129 grain Nosler Accu Bond Long Range.

Yes, I know -- barrel life. gun) But this rifle isn't intended to be a primary practice rifle. It'll be a superb hunting round and a fun gun to shoot!

Attachments

• 26-Nosler.jpg
    26-Nosler.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 126
Len,

I'm seriously considering one of these as well. I think this cartridge on a Stiller Predator/TAC300 with a melonited barrel would be an ideal long range whitetail slayer for quite a few years to come. Keep us posted on what you find out at the SHOT show.

Chris

I can't wait to see this one also. I will visit Nosler first when I get to the SHOT show. I love the 6.5 calibers and will be adding this one to my collection.

I saw Noslers release last month. I sure wish I didn't Buy a 6.5 x 284 and build a custom 300wm this year. It is going to be one flat shooting whitetail gun.

I still think it is a 6.5-375 Ruger.

Perhaps Nosler increased the shoulder angle, kept the body length the same and added .010. Lengthening the neck by increasing the shoulder angle should be 'easy'.

I did those things as above in QuickDesign. With a 28 inch barrel, QuickLoad say's Reloader-33 will do 3400 with 130 Accubonds.

Either way, it will be a barrel burner!

I agree I think it is a 6.5-375 Ruger with a sharper shoulder angle and the neck would grow if you necked it down accounting for the 2.590 cases length. Nosler already makes 375Ruger brass so it seems like a no brainer to make a 6.5 off the Ruger case. Anyways hope that Redding is planning on making some dies for this bad boy. Don't really care about the 129gr longrange accubond my idea is to load the 160gr vld matrix and hope to push it in the 3000-3100 range

According to Mike Lake of Nosler:

The case capacity of the 26 Nosler is 93 grains of water. This was measured with a 130gr AccuBond seated to max OAL (3.340"). Obviously, it will differ slightly if other bullets and/or lengths are used.

The OAL of the 7mm Dakota case is 2.500 so this is 4% longer.

NOSLER 26
Nosler26-case-diagram.jpg

7mm Dakota
7-Dakota-case-diagram.jpg

Last edited:
My several sets of 26 Nosler dies arrived and I realize I have an extra set.

Brand new RCBS, full length.

$60 shipped.

The new April Shooting Times has some information on the .26 Nosler. What surprise
me was they did not use the new 129 AccBond LR, they used the 130 AccBond.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.