26 nosler high velocity

valleysnyper

Hi, I know this gun is high velocity and more fore longer shots. I just got a rifle chambered in this cal and am thinking about using it for whitetails in western Wisconsin, shots can be 40 yds to aboit a max of 500 yds. Question is anyone have any bullet sugestions ? I have searched and read till Im crosseyed. I still cant mske any sense of it. My buddy is teaching me to reload and I have some soerra gamekings 140s, sounfs like longrange is ok but up close at 3300fps or mote they are way to soft
Somebody help please !!!

Would assume barrel is an 8 twist? Our 125 gr Hammer Hunter would be an awesome bullet choice. Muzzle velocity would be quite a bit faster but the solid copper will handle anything you could do with it.
Brian

I have a 264 Win mag with a 27 3/4" barrel and it will push the 130 gr Nosler Accubond 3350 fps average muzzle velocity with 1/2 MOA accuracy. I have put this bullet through the paces. I have killed a number of deer from 30 to a touch over 500 yards and all have been DRT. Even as close a 30 yards this bullet will enter a shoulder take out the vitals and exit the off side shoulder just like it does at over 500 yards. I have killed around 25 deer with this bullet and I have only recovered one, all others exited. It was shot into a buck at 111 yards that was facing me with just a slight left shoulder forward angle. Bullet entered front edge of left shoulder and deer fell back on it's rear end and fell over dead. When I was cutting up the meat I found the bullet against the smashed ball socket in the right ham. Bullet was a text book mushroom and weight was 87 grs. In my book it don't get much better. These bullets like to jump some to the lands. I am shooting it 10 thousands off the lands.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.