25Cal. bear bullet decison?

A high weight retention bullet is great, that is what the Accubond and Partition are all about. The AB will give you quite a bit more energy expended though while retaining enough weight to completely penetrate. The TSX is not a bad bullet however all the game I have ever shot with them always walked a ways if not shoulder shot. The Grand Slam produces good performance in all but the shortest of shots. Good luck with your bear hunt.

My choice would be the 120 grain swift A-Frame. It makes a large mushroom and retains 85% weight even at high velocities. Several recent gelatin tests have shown very large wound paths (by Volume) relative to other premium bullets. They also still penetrate quite well.

For hunting purposes, I only shoot Nosler Partitions, from my 243 up to my 338. They usually group under an inch @ 100 (if I do my part) and stay together.
Sessions at the range Nosler BTs, Sierra Match or Game Kings.
Bear2

I vote for the Speer 120 Grand Slam for bear or elk. I tried this bullet out on deer from my 25-06 and only recovered one bullet out of around 10 deer shot. That was shot into the chest of a big body buck that was right at 40 yards away. It knocked him back on his butt and he fell over dead. I found the bullet in the ball socket of it's left back hip. It weighted 87 grs with a text book mushroom. If that bullet going 3000 fps will hold together and go through some 4 1/2 feet or so of deer and still weigh 87 grs and shoot match bullet accurate it gets my vote. I stopped using this bullet because I think it is too tough for deer size game. On broad side lung shots I had deer want to run off about 50 yards before they went down for the count. I switched to 117 Sierra pro hunters and they drop in their tracks.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.