257wby,100g TSX Vs.Coyote

Ol' Mike,
"ps- i usually wait until labor day to start shooting but spoke w/ some people who said please start asap.">>

In the area I hunt over in Eastern Wa. State I have hunted this same area for 10 years..I shot 4 in one morning myself and it should have been an easy 5 and pretty much kill at least one or 2 every trip out..so it's like "Dog Heaven" I shoot year around...I don't wait. It's game on when I go coyote killin

I do have a question for those guys running the 100g Bal. Tip...Are most of the hits pass thru's or staying inside the coyotes or what?? just wondering.........Because these TSX's are taking chunks when they leave(and I like it!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

I've never had a 100g NBT stay inside a coyote when shot with my 25-06 at any range...It usually leaves at least a 2" exit at the smallest, and if any major bone is hit, like a shoulder or something, you'll be looking at 4-6" exit's.

It doesn't surprise me how bad that 100g TSX opens up actually...I would have to say the WORST exit I've ever got with my 25-06 on deer was with the 100g XLC traveling 3400fps. I smacked a small forky muley buck at about 150 yards right through his shoulder socket and it left a 6-8" exit hole. I have the pic if anyone doesn't believe me...

Like I said before... the 100 grain B-Tip is violent!! I've never seen one stay in anything (except for a bunch of phone books). You should shoot some just to give them a try... hell, I'll send you 20 of 'em if you'll post the pics of the carnage when you hammer a dog with one. Deal... or No Deal? ~JT

I'll pick up a box..it will take me a few weeks to get them done up an coyotes shot with them because I'm in NC til the 12th then in western WA for a week after that,then I'll be back in eastern WA where my stuffs at now..If you can get to it quicker I'll send you some TSX's.but what the heck..I just gotta know now which is better.....
what do ya think?

For shooting coyotes... the NBT rules vs. the TSX (simply based on cost). They have seconds on sale from the Nosler pro-shop for $8 a box. They're cannelured, but it hasn't seemed to hurt the accuracy at all. Now, that being said... I'm getting out of the .25 cal business for a while.

I just got my Lilja #3 7mm pipe today and it's off to the 'smith on Wednesday to get fitted onto the rifle that's currently the .25-06 AI. I'm having it chambered in .280 AI so I can wage war on just about everything short of Grizz and Buff. I don't know what I'm going to do with the Douglas pipe... I'd like to keep it, but I have no use for it. I have the 6mm to shoot dogs on down and the 7mm for dogs on up... no need for a quarterbore anymore. ~JT

well if you got any 25cal supplys..shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can use any. also can you send me a link to the Nosler Pro shop or a link or # to where your talking about?

Thx
Chuck

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.