257 Wby ammo by Remington?

mtelkhntr78

Has anyone seen or heard of Remington producing ammo for the 257 Weatherby? They have been producing the Model 700 in that caliber for a little under a year now but I have yet to see Remington produce a loaded box of rounds for it. I handload for my 257 so I am not as concerned about loaded rounds as I am brass. My thought being that if they are producing loaded rounds they will be producing the brass and in turn(hopefully) selling the brass, ie cheaper brass. I have heard rumors but nothing to concrete. Any of you ROY/Remy fams out there that have heard anything?

I tried some Remington brass for 7mm Wby and it is not the same quality as Norma.

Don't be wishing for things you don't really want.

I tried some Remington brass for 7mm Wby and it is not the same quality as Norma.

Don't be wishing for things you don't really want.

I agree & besides if Rem loads some, I have no doubt they would be slower than the Wea. loaded rounds, always have been & the same goes for Fed with the Wea. loadings.

I reload, but for fact. loaded Wea. cartridges, Wea. the bomb.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.