.257 Stw

Kevin Cram

This is another one of my customers latest rifles, Andy Brown and his .257 STW AKA Pappa Smurf.

PappaSmurf.jpg

The components of this build started with a customers Savage 110. I did a Level 1 blueprint to the action and gave it a high luster polish. I also turned down the handle and threaded it for a 1 1/4" ball knob. A Sharp Shooter Supply target trigger was installed along with a Holland recoil lug. The barrel is a Douglas XX air gauge chambered in .257 STW and a MCR custom 2024 alluminum muzzle brake. The stock was suplied by the customer as a MBR clone. I cut the vent slots for the barrel and a toe in the butt for a low-rider style. Although you cant see it in this photo I machined out the center to create rails on the forearm which are integral of the stock and not an attachment. The rings are Kelbly's and on top is a 8.5-25 x 50 Leupold VX III. As you can see most of the gun is blue and anything that was alluminum was anodized to match as close as possible. I haven't seen how this rifle shoots yet, last I heard my customer was having trouble figuring out how to fire form the brass. He will be dropping the rifle off within the next week or so and I'll help get him started. Glad you all enjoyed the photo.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.