250 Barnes tsx and MRP or Retumbo or RL22

rsbhunter

Just recieved a box of the Barnes 250 gr. TSX's, and can't find any info on reloading these with either Norma MRP, Reloader 22 or Retumbo...I am shooting these out of a Brownibg a-bolt that shoots 250gr Partitions in the 1" range.I have shot the TSX's in my 7 Rem. Mag, and they are incredible...accuracy is great, and bullets recovered from dirt bank at 100 and 200 are like the pictures!!! Thanks in advance for any help...rsbhunter

I don't know how the TSX compares to the Sierra 250s but they should be in the same ball park.

I shot the Sierras 250s w/ 75 gr of RL-22. MV was 2800. Was pretty hot, I'm told so I'd start at well below that, Also, I couldn't get the 225 w/RL-19 going any faster than than the 250.

MRP and RL-22 are the same, except that MRP comes out of the quality control room while RL-22 is swept off the floor before it enters the quality control room. Thus the variations from lot to lot. Or so I've been told. Be careful!

250 barnes tsx

Thanks for the info, and i will practice the reduce by 10% rule, i used MRP in the past, about 15 years ago, and had some wickedly fast (but safe) 7 Rem. Mag, and .338 Mag loads...BUT the new MRP that is available in the states now, is a different burn or power level...i was advised by Norma by e-mail to NOT use old loading data....rsbhunter

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.