25 WSSM sticking cases

USMC 338

I have a problem with loading 25 wssm. the case sometimes will not go in to the die or if it will sometimes it will not go into the chamber with out sticking but other times it slides right in. I've tried different types of lube spray,cream and oil looking stuff all do the same .I reload for 26-06,6.5-06,338lapua,7mm rum,22-250,223,260,308,7mm stw,222,243 and 7mm mag with no problems both semi and bolt guns any ideas would be a big help
THANKS

Take a fired case and roll it across a flat surface and see if it is true. In particular see if the case head is still square.

Take a fired case and roll it across a flat surface and see if it is true. In particular see if the case head is still square.

no it is not it seems to be bulged on one side but the hole case seems bulged at the bottem. Its swelled 3/4 around think the chamber is way out of square?
thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Take the bolt out of your rifle and look at the wear pattern on the lugs. If one is like new and the other is scraped up badly then it is your lugs out of true.

Otherwise my best guess is the same as yours, a goofy chamber ( I know because I have one in a Rem 700).

one side is scraped more than the other but the other side show's some wear. Maybe that's why nobody chambers this round any more but it shoot's really good just scraps brass on new brass 1out of 5. Think maybe i'll set the barrel back and rechamber you know start there ?

shot some factory ammo today some winchester supreme the nickel plated cases and you could see its buldged all the way around and flatted the primers bad think maybe the headspace is not right.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.