25 MOA Base for short range

Huvik

Does anyone know if I would be able to adjust a Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40mm scope down to a 100 yard zero with a 25 MOA base?

Just looked at a Bushnell site and I beleive that scope has 85 inches of travel at 100 yards. That means that you have 42.5 inches from center and it will only take about 25 inches to make up for the rail that you are mounting it on. You should have plenty of adjustment to sight in at closer than 100 yards. But if you have the scope and are thinking of getting the rail, why? You should have no problem sighting in at over 1000 with anything as flat or flatter than a 308 win. and 85 MOA adjustment on your scope.
Just my .02

At the Bushnell website Bushnell Outdoor Products

It states that the adjustable range is 100 in @ 100 yds, is this the same as 100 MOA or 50 MOA on each side of centre? And to clarafy, if it is 100 MOA of adjustment then that would be 400 actual internal clicks within the scope....right?

You got it, provided you have 4 clicks to the inch at 100. Of course a true MOA is a smidgen over an inch at 100yds but I won't get into radians and all of that, but a "shooters" MOA is the distance in yards divided by 100.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.