25/300wsm

Greg S

Looking for info to get mine going? Have had trouble necking brass down and need load data for 100gr Sierra BT? Any info appreciated...Greg

Looking for info to get mine going? Have had trouble necking brass down and need load data for 100gr Sierra BT? Any info appreciated...Greg
Should be no trouble at all to neck down 270wsm brass and trim it back. Lube the neck with caselube and polish off afterward. As far as powder, it is right between the 25-06 and 25 roy capacity wise so start there and be conservative to start with. I'm sure some have their pet loads, but as a wildcat everyone's chamber will vary a bit so you've got to start a full 10% back anyway.

Start 10% lower than 257wby data, you should find that H1000 and RE25 will give the best velocity with good accuracy, H4831sc and 7828ssc will likely give the best accuracy.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.