25-06

I shoot the 85 and 100 gr NBTs with AA2700. I get 37xx fps with the 85s and 34xx with the 100 gr NBTs. These are maxed out for my gun, but never fail to shoot 1/2 MOA. I can't see a reason to shoot anything but the 100s to balance your BC and MV. That should give you the best balance for your listed intentions. If you want to step up the range, the 115 NBT will increase your supersonic range. jm2c

firstcoueswas80,

I just acquired a 25-06 also, and i just worked up loads!
My first is a 75gr. barnes with 55 gr. of varget powder. C.O.L. 3.111" chrono at 3800 fps +or- 25fps out of a 24" barrel I worked up to this load and it is HOT so if you want to try shave off a few grains and work up to it!
When i finish my 100gr. and 117gr. I will post.

firstcoueswas80,

Try the 75g V-Max in front of AA3100 (58.6g is what I use) and CCI250's. 100 yard groups out of my SHR970 Sig are constantly under 1/2 moa. It pretty much reeks chaos on coyotes! I have a load for 115g Partitions that I use on deer and antelope out of the same rifle that prints in almost the same spot on paper. I can switch from one to the other with no scope adjustments. I just got my chronograph and have not ran the loads over it yet but I'm guessing around 3400 on the V-Max. I will post the actual fps after I have shot it over the chronograph. By the way, guys, nice forum you have here!

i got the gun today and have decided to shoot 85 grain ballistic tips. i shot my first mountain lion on sunday and dropped her off at the taxiermist today and thats gonna cost me upwards of $1,000. but i will be reloading for this 25-06 and all i need to do is get dies and bullets and brass, i have the powder. wish me luck!

I shoot the 75gr. V-max & 85gr. Nosler Ballistic tips, I push the V-max with 50.3gr of RL15, 3500 fps. Nosler 53gr. RL19, same fps (prox) Awesome groups expecially with the V-max. I found sample packs of bullets at www.bulletdudes.com, I will be trying the 110gr AccuBonds for deer.

The 25-06 75 gr at 3650fps for argument sake seems like and is super "flat" shooting, beating out the slowpoke 115 NBtips at 3100fps all the way on out to 6-700 yards. This is where they change places and the 115's take over.

However, at this changeover distance the 75 has given up 37 additional inches in wind deflection (at 10mph)and runs 500lbs less in energy. At 300 it gives up 9 inches.

Woodchucks or Wallhangers, for long range hunting, High BC is where it's at.

Very good point, hoyteman. Thats exactly why I love the 115g btip. Its very versatile. With a click set up, who really cares about drop anyways, right??? The 115g will still hit harder, cut the wind drift dramatically, and will carry a lot farther then any of those 75 or 85 bullets. Not to mention that a steady dose of 75 and 85's will shoot your barrel out in about 1000 rounds.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.