25-06 loads with Sierra Game Kings

Nobody knows about them 'cause He only uses them at night,

He's probably talking 'bout
.264" bullets..
shocked.gif

[ 07-07-2004: Message edited by: proman1 ]

This is similar to what I've experienced with the heavy pills out of my quarterbore. Such performance may have to do with projectile stability over the long haul.

I start my load work at the range using a Wichita up front and a heavy bag under the butt. If all goes well, I proceed to the 300 yard mark using the same technique. If the load still holds in there, I stay at 300 yards and go to my shooting mat and bipod. Next step is in the field at 500 and metal plates.

The only heavy bullet that has made it to the field segment has been the Sierra 117 SPBT, but only with loads that are not as fast as I would prefer. When I stoke 'em up, the groups open. All other bullets opened up at 300 regardless of powder charge while still using the rest and bag.

Quite honestly, the 100s are working so well for me that I don't know if I'll spend the time and money to keep chasing the heavier bullets around the target.

Regards,

~Holmes

I have a Ruger model 77 25-06. I load 50.5 gr. IMR 4350 behind a sierra 100 gr. spitzer and get a 1/2 to 3/4 inch group. Have shot 6 deer with it and all have dropped where it was shot, no tracking at all. I really enjoy this gun!!

i switched from 75gr v-max to 115nbt in 25-06 using once fired ,inside deburred,,pocket uniformer,rem brass,fed gmmatch primer,54.5gr h-4831 3.200 col.forester co-ax press and br mic adj dies,so far turning out 5 shot groups inside a 1.5" bull at 200yds.ran 50 yd sets to 500 yds,when it is dead calm,it is putting them in the same bull at 400yds,oh yeah,with a few clicks up!
smile.gif
grin.gif
cool.gif
rem classic i just got,never fired until now.i'm ready for a balistics sw program now,can anybody run that data in an external bullet drop chart for me? ready to go farther!
rolleyes.gif

Sorry for the typo Proman. Meant 120 gr. I've just been impressed with the performance of Barns and yes, Core-lokt! I don't pull the trigger unless I am sure I can make a one shot kill, and these two bullets have put a lot of meat in the freezer, as well as doing what I wanted them to do... Oh, they were shot in the day time also.....;0) Nighthunter comes from coon hunting.. not by outlaw hunting. The .264 is just my old faithful rifle that I've used for years for Whitetail. Besides, it has a better ring to it than nighthunter22.
Good shooin' guys.

So I just got a box of Berger VLD 115 grainers. Anybody had any experience with these pills? I was thinking about starting with 53 grains of RL-22, seated to the lands, and going from there.

Just got a box of Berger's VLD in 115gr. Anyone have a good starting recipe for 25-06? Also, Berger recommends seating the bullet right to the lands, any comment on seating depth? How do these bullets compare to Barnes X, because I couldn't get those to shoot.
confused.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.