25-06 and 110 gr accubonds

Dufur, Don"t own a 25-06, but I have been shooting these out of my 257 STW and they are great. Excellent accuracy at over 3450 fps. They should be great. I spoke to the guys at Nosler and they designed this bullet to be the mirror image of the 115 ballistic tip. Thats why the 110 gn, the bullet is the same size as Ball tip that way. Any data for the 115 ball tip should work for the 110 accubond.

Thanks, that will get me started. Right now my favorite load for my MKV lightweight 25-06 is hornady case, fed 210 primer, 56 gr RL22 and Hornady 117 btsp. She's not a tack driver but I have her under 1.5 ave 3 shot group @ 100 yd. A lot better than it was doing before I replaced the stock and adjusted the forearm upward pressure on the barrel.

I have had great luck with the Ramshot powders, they meter nicely from the powder measure, since they are ball powders. I wouldnt be suprised if your gun groups better with the Nosler bullets.

If they are just the size of the 115 NBTs like mentioned above, I would give IMR 7828 a try.

W/ 115 NBTs I'm getting sub MOA groups w/ 53 grns 7828, Rem Brass, WLR Primers. Measures 3050 @ 15' from muzzle. Not a real screamer but starting to show pressure w/ that charge.

R22 gives me better velocity but, I couldn't get the groups as w/ the 7828.

Good Luck!

Reloader

I load for a couple 25-06's and I have to second the
IMR-7828 it makes for a realy consistant load and now that IMR had the new 7828 super short cut that should make things even better
I have also gotten realy good results with trusty old 4831 ,that gave me the best velocities and decient accuracy but the guys that own these guns wanted more accuracy than speed.

I also have wondered about 7828 short cut & I want to try the 110 Accubond. Right now I get 3,304 ave. vel. with RL25
& 120 Part. in a Sendero. But it looks like in 2-3 weeks I
can send it and my brothers Sendero as well to Kirby to get
the A.I. treatment if he can still work us in.

I have a sendero in 25-06 that shoots bug holes with 100 grain pills and RL22. I was so anxious to try the 110 gr accubonds, but when I did, it was a dissappointment. I used RL22 and they were all over the place. Anyone have loads for the 110 grainers in a sendero 25-06? I sure would like to find a good load for the 110 gr accubonds. Thanks.

nomosendero, I am curious how you are getting your claimed velocity in a standard 25-06??? This is nearly as fast as my 257 stw and 300-400 fps faster than most of the manuals show for a 25-06. The only way you could come close to those velocities is with insanely dangerous pressures. Please let us know.

First of all, it appears that I have a fast barrel for 26".
My brothers Sendero falls short over 70 FPS with the same
load. I mentioned this 2-3 months ago & Fiftydriver said
these were high end velocities but not at all unheard of.
With the 120 Nos. Part., I used 59.5 Gr. of RL25 with CCI
Mag. Primers. I can get 3-4 loadings with this which indicates they are hot, but bolt lift & case appearance do
not indicate anything dangerous. I try to chronograph in
cooler conditions that we will have in Ar. before fall, 75-80 degrees but I shoot for groups alot in 90-100 degee
conditions which tend to bring out pressure problems.

257Speed
Also, if you look at the Nosler manual number 4, they show
3,100 fps (actually 3,090) with the 120 Nosler Part. This is
with a 24" barrel but I have a 26" which I find makes alot of difference with quarterbores in 25-06 & bigger. I could
only get about 120FPS more with the load they show which
would fall in line 2" more barrel & a fast barrel at that.
RL25 made a big difference at least in the combo mentioned
in my gun.
Goodgrouper mentioned a .223 load recently that was very
fast, but he felt that the combination of components allowed this. Sometimes these things happen but as always
we must apprroach cautiously. And wisely, he mentioned temperature!
As far as claimed velocity goes, I claim it because my
chronograph claimed it! I am not a Ford vs Chev. guy & I
have no emotional attachment to the cartridge. As I stated before I am going to have these guns Ackley Improved.
As far as these being almost .257STW loads, not even close according to loads I have seen from people I trust. I have seen more like 3,500 or so with 115 Gr. bullets by people
on this sight.

I said "close to" only because I have been shooting the 115gn bal tips in my 257 stw at 3500. I have never tried the 120 partitions, but assume they would be slightly slower. I like the RE-25 powder but ran into problems with it bridging. Keep this in mind when you improve yours, the 40 deg shoulder, 1/4 bore and RE-25 could lead to problems. Fiftydriver and I had discussd this before. I switched to Ramshot magnum and am happy with the results. The 25-06AI is a great round, good luck with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.