25-06 24" or 26" barrel

BBQ Warrior

hey guys, have any of you seen much difference between the 24" and 26" barrels in this chambering. I found a Tika t3 that has a 24" barrel and my old ruger had a 24" barrel. But I have also seen a fer savage varmints with the 26" bull barrel.

Rem700 Senderos have a 26 inch barrel. Great in 25-06. I really like mine.

Doug

For hunting on foot, I would go 24". For bench or stand, go 26".

The difference in vel between the two lengths can easily reverse depending on the barrels themselves. There are slow 26" and fast 24".

The game will never know the difference of 50 to 75fps. However, getting through and around trees, that longer barrel is going to get very boring.

Of the two rifles, I would look seriously at the Tikka T3. If similar to other Tikka/Sako products I have seen and/or shot, accuracy and quality is close to custom levels. Those T3 are very well priced. Would love to get my hands on one to test.

Jerry

Jerry

So BBQWArrior, What did you go with.
I just ordered a 26 inch for my savage, that came with a 22 inch barrel.
I've played in the woods all my life, have stalked all kind of game.
Can't see loosing two inches because of what time one may have to walk in the woods, and I can't say that my weapon hung up on anything, more like a sling, or a piece of clothing, rather than 2 inches of a barrel.

CTW gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.