25-06 100gr Ballistic Tip & Partition Load Data

Slipshot

Was wondering if anyone has tried Reloader 19 behind 100gr Ballistic Tips or Partition bullets?? The new Nosler book states that was the most accurate powder for the 2 bullets tested. Now I know each gun is an individual but wanted a good starting point so maybe I dont have to buy 3 or 4 kinds of powders to work up this load.

Thanks in advance for any and all help

54-56 Grains RE-22 has always worked well for me behind the 100 NBT.

RE-19 didn't produce the velocity and accuracy of the RE-22... but it wasn't far behind. I think I ended up at about 52 grains.

IMR 4350 and 4831 have always been good for me both accuracy and velocity wise with 100g btips.

RL-22 never gave me consistent accuracy with 100g pills.

Never have tried RL19 besides with 85g btips which shot extremely well...

Every gun is different, but if I was to pick 2 or 3 powders with 100g bullets, it would be 4350, 4831, or RL22.

Well I got a pound of RL 19 so I guess I will give it a run and see how it works. If its not up to par then I am thinking IMR 4831 next followed by 4350....those 2 seem to have been around the longest.
I dont have a crono so its going to be group testing for now.......its 257yrds to the back fence and those yotes traveling back there need to be afraid!!!!! Not to mention the fat slick whitetail's that seem to hang out back there when there is a "feed spill" LOL

Thanks guys will keep you posted on results.

RL 19 was the ticket for me. I also use AA2700 to get mad velocity; however, the RL 19 load is/was much more consistantly accurate. If Ike wasn't blowing outside I would go to my shop and get the load. From memory, the RP 19 load was good for 3400 fps with 100 gr NPs while the AA 2700 load is in the mid 3500s.

I got the best velocities and groups with IMR-4350.I loaded mine with 51.2grs.Pressures tend to rise quickly with this overbore round,so carefully measure and work up loads for you rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.