243 winchester twist rate 105 berger vld

arrow

I am building a 243 winchester with a broughton barrel. I am planning on shooting 105 berger vld bullets which mean an 8 twist. These though i am more than likely going to be single loading for these rounds. So i would also like a deer load like a 95 nosler ballistic tip that i can load in the short action magazine. Im assuming these 95s should work fine with the 1/8 twist. But the real question is varmint bullets. I am also looking to shoot a varmint bullet out of this rifle. I would like to shoot something like the 75 vmax but this is probably way too late for the twist. Would an 87 vmax work or any other lighter varmint bullets work in a 8 twist? Any suggestions other than "build an other rifle" or something along those lines? My main goal is to shoot these 105 vld's but also be able to shoot varmint bullets.

thanks

The 87 grain will work well in this twist rate. You may want to consider the 105 A-max. I've seen some pretty gruesome pics of ground hogs getting splattered with this bullet.

Tank

You can't really over stabilize a bullet. If it will stay together you can spin it as fast as
you like. Running 55's through a 1:10 @ 4100 revs them pretty high and I have not
seen them come apart.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.