.243 Win~ Hornady V-Max Vs Nosler Ballistic Tips Vs Sierra Blitzking.

robbobsam

As the title states, I am looking for a bullet for my .243 Tikka T3 super Varmint. I hope to be shooting at ranges up to 600yds+ and I am after the best possible components to achieve the best possible results.

What bullets would you say are the best for accuracy and effect
huh.gif

The bullets will be used in England where the wind can be a nuisance and the ranges will be up to 600yds after rabbits and foxes.

Please share with me your thoughts and experiences.

I just bought a Mossberg Maverik in .243 Win and loaded up some 75 grain Hornady V-max bullets and found a load that gave me less than .5 MOA but that size bullet might be a bit of overkill for rabbits and foxes.

As the title states, I am looking for a bullet for my .243 Tikka T3 super Varmint. I hope to be shooting at ranges up to 600yds+ and I am after the best possible components to achieve the best possible results.

What bullets would you say are the best for accuracy and effect
huh.gif

The bullets will be used in England where the wind can be a nuisance and the ranges will be up to 600yds after rabbits and foxes.

Please share with me your thoughts and experiences.
Hornady Amax, Nosler Accubond, and if Hides are not a major consideration the Hornady BTHP match. Swift Scirocco II would be high on my list as well.

I've gotten good accuracy with all 3 bullets you mention at one time or another, from one rifle or another.

If you can get your hands on a couple or all three, I'd try some of each with a powder that you can easily get over there. See what your gun likes best and go from there.

As Wildrose suggests, the A-Max seems to shoot really good also. I've never tried the Sciroccos or the Accubonds personally.

buy all three and see which ones are the most accurate out of your rifle and go with that one. All three of those are very good varmint rounds. I have a bunch of .223 nosler ballistic tip varmint that ill be loading up for my bcm ar-15

My preference for all of my varmint guns has been the Nosler Ballistic Tips. I have not found a gun that those bullets won't shoot well out of. They are devastating on varmints and super accurate. They are also very cheap.

I use 87 gr V-Max and 80 Nosler BT, I have used both of these on foxes rabbits & crows ect out to 400 yds.
And I could not tell any difference between them as far as accuracy go's.
The Nosler's shape looks to be a little more slippery compared to the hornady but its marginal.
Expect some XOS holes with both of these pills in particular the 80 gr Nosler .

Attachments

• P8260023.JPG
    P8260023.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 132
  • P8260010.JPG
    P8260010.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 148
ROB-With sakos and remingtons i have had good results with varget/I4064. bullets -the 88 berger, 87 horn hpbt, 87 vmax, 85 sierra bthp, 70 balitistic tip.

This is a recovered Nosler 100 gr out of my 26 inch 243. They leave the barrel at 3208 fps with 46.4 grains of Ram shot Hunter powder. of course work up to it.

The superior BC of the 100 will really shine at anything over 300 meters

I have shot the 87 v-max chronoed at 3400 fps and 80 grain btsp's at 3500. IMO don't even bother with less than 80 grain. Those are for the wimpy guys with short barrelled 243's trying to set some speed record.

It is best to concentrate on one round

bullet006-1.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.