243 W/105 A-max/Superf

sendero72

Shot my first small buck testing the 105 A-max using the Superformance powder. Range was 297 yds and the bullet passed thru both shoulders. Turned the heart and lungs into mush. Exit wound was only about 1/2 inch wide. MV2980. Load was 43.3grs Superformance, CCI 200LR, bullet seated .005 off the lands. I think it will be very good out to 400 yds or so. Rifle is a Savage model 11 with a 22" barrel.

No pics...camera is in the shop and didn't even think about my cell phone even though it takes crappy pics. I have read articles that the A-max is slightly better than the Berger. Berger just spends more money on marketing and sponsors the long range hunting shows. Just good business on Bergers part.

i bought some 105 amaxes and was wondering what powder i might try, i forgot about the superformance, looks like i will give it a shot in both of my .243s, im glad you shot a deer with them and it performed well, now i wont be nervous to try it, i was going to work up a 500 yard max on deer load.gun)

No pics...camera is in the shop and didn't even think about my cell phone even though it takes crappy pics. I have read articles that the A-max is slightly better than the Berger. Berger just spends more money on marketing and sponsors the long range hunting shows. Just good business on Bergers part.
God I have never heard that said before. I dont think its right no question the AMAX work but better than the Berger.......... No i dont think thats true.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.