243 reloading 95gr Accu-Tip

sendero7

Does anyone have a pet load for the 95 gr Rem Accu-tip in the 243 win? My little Savage 11 shoots the manufactured loads great, but I'd rather load my own. Thanks!

You may be out of luck as the Accu-tip is not a very popular bullet among handloaders. Your best bet is to find load data for a similiar bullet weight from a different manufacturer.

Varget, IMR 4350, and H414 are popular powders for the heavy weight bullets in .243. You can download the Hodgon manual for free and use the data for the 95 gr Nosler partition (same numbers are listed in the Nosler manual for the 95 gr BT, which is similiar to your accu-tip). you can download their manual at...

Basic Manual Download

The Hornady SST 95 gr is probably more similiar to the Accutip then the Partition. PM me with the powders you are interested in and I can send you the starting and max loads from the latest Hornady manual.

If you are not set on the Accu-tip I would recomend trying some of the more popular hunting bullets) Nosler Partition (punches right through bone) or Ballistic Tip (a little too thin jacketed if you hit bone) or E-Tip 95gr (too new to tellh ow well they perform) , or the Sierra Game King 90 gr (great bullet, high BC,great price).

Last edited:
I have no data on the Remington bullet.

However, FWIW, the 95g Nosler BT shoots into groups like this

243Deer95gNoslerBTIMR7828Load-A.jpg

In my Savage Model 10. The load is 44g IMR7828, Winchester Large Rifle Primer, Remington Brass, Bullet seated 0.020" off the lands. It chronographs at 2985 fps out of my 22" barrel on a 72F day. Start low and work up.

Fitch

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.