243 or 243 ai

you know I hear about Hornaday and even Norma brass being bad all the time, but I have been using both for a long while without an issue. I have some Hornaday .223 brass that I know has to be twelve years old with lots of firings. Just never had an issue with it. Most of the Norma brass I have is factory Weatherby stuff, and just never had an issue except for the cost. I also have .222 and .223 Norma brass and it just seems to perform well for me. On the otherhand I have a thousand Blackhills cases that were at least 40% junk from the start. The Weatherby stuff has to go thru a two step sizing process due to the expansion of the belt area, but even then it's not much and I just do it as a matter of fact. I did make up some brass out of once fired .300 Federal once for the Weatherby (DON"T!). The brass was hard to work with, and had to be annealed twice to get there. I use a lot of Remington brass, and just never saw much of a problem with it, yet I hear guys complaigning all the time about it. The only serious brass issue I ever had was with the 22-250. I was too lazy to anneal on the fourth firing and waited till the fifth or sixth firing. That's not Remington's fault!
gary

+1

Most brands of brass will last a long time if care is taken to anneal and not to over size the brass
causing it to be over worked. Also refrain from excessive loads (Hot) and brass life will improve.

Just my opinion

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts