243 Load using 39 grain SBK

Bitman

I have a new Cooper Varminter ordered in 243, for my trip out west, to shoot PD's. I have a feeling I'm not going to have much time to work up a load for this gun. I have already bought 1000 Rem. cases, and 1000 of the Sierra 70 grain BlitsKings. Does anyone have a load that works in their Cooper, that they might be wiiling to share. I know it might not be accurate in my gun, but it'll give me a place to start. Gun is due to arrive about 2 to 3 weeks before I leave. This will be my secondary rifle.

Last edited:
No, I have the 70 grain ones for the 243.
I was thinking of the 204 I've been loading shells for the past few nights.
Sorry about that.

nosler lists Varget as the most accurate powder tested, for their 70gr ballistic tip. If you need the starting/max loads from the nosler manual, send me a PM and I'll look them up for you.

Otherwise, look at the accuracy and hunting loads listed in the Sierra manual, if you have one.

These are usually good starting points.

Found a listing of Coopers favored reloads a while back. They list 42.5 grains of H380 as their go-to load for the 70 blitzkings.
I've always had better luck getting H414 to work with the 55s and 70 grainers?

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts