1. varminthunter-243win

varminthunter-243win Member

yeah, i've been shooting pd's for a long time but i have never really gotten serious. now that i have more free time, i want to get alot better at this stuff. i would like to stick to the same rig that i have now but if you guys (and girls) think i absolutely need to change, i'll certainly consider it.

right now i'm shooting a ruger m77 in .243 win with a leupold 4.5-18x50mm vari-x III. i'm usually shooting 70gr blitzkings but i shoot alot of factory ammo as well.

2. bailey1474

bailey1474 <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

I'm not sure what the twist on that Ruger is, but I would try some of the 105 Amaxs. We consistantly hit within 6" of pd out past 1000 yds. We get an occasional hit as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

3. LWolken

LWolken Well-Known Member

Here is a five shot group at 200yds with the 105 gr amax. Two shots were after a cease fire.

[​IMG]

4. Aussie

Aussie Well-Known Member

Nice group . How about some rifle and load details please ? Were the bullets sorted for consistency ?

5. varminthunter-243win

varminthunter-243win Member

the barrel twist is 1:9 right hand. that is a heck of a group too lol hopefully we can pull that off soon as well

6. LWolken

LWolken Well-Known Member

The action is a Remington 722 with a Hart HV 1-9" twist barrel is 30" long standard ack imp chamber no neck turn. Leupold LR 8.5-25 Scope, Richards micro fit stock The load was 43 grs of RL-22 Lapua brass and 210 Match primers 105 gr A-Max seated .015" off the lands which gives me just over 3300fps. I used redding type s neck die with the comp seater. I did not sort these bullets. The same day I was shooting around three inch groups at 200yds with my .223 that usually shoots around 1/2 MOA in calm conditions. I was suprised to see the consistency with a fairly breezey cross wind. The 6mm is hard to beat for recoil paper punching and long range varmint hunting. Good luck guys.

Lance